Bath scales have been around for a long time. We have used them to track our most basic body metric; weight. Over the last 50 years, we had to measure our body metrics by using an analog weighing scale and a tape measure.
Over time, this basic household equipment has also seen its fair share of improvement and advancement. Today, we have scales like the Abyon Smart Scale that tracks more than just our weight. Checking and keeping track of our body metrics has never been easier. Let's have a look at our experience in using this new generation of bathroom scales.
What is an Abyon Scale?
The Bluetooth Smart Scale we will review today is made by Abyon. It is a company that makes "health scales" and sports protection equipment, mainly braces. They aim and promise to deliver products that work and help us in our health goals.
Let's go ahead and take a look at this Abyon scale's Basic functions.
It provides a comprehensive list of your body weight metrics. Many of these scales provide more information than just your body weight. Each one is different, but all of them are designed to provide you with information that is useful to your goals. These includes:
- The core of all bathroom scales is to measure weight. This scale helps you track your weight with the use of an app to help you achieve your weight loss or weight gain goals.
- Measures Vital Health Stats for the family. The Abyon Scale can track an unlimited number of users and will automatically track each individual based on records.
- It measures other body metrics, like BMI. The app helps you track these metrics and even coaches you on what to do to achieve your goals.
- The Abyon App is compatible with both iOS and Android platforms. The App also connects to the top 20 health and fitness apps like Apple Health, Google Fit, etc.
It keeps track of your body data via mobile phone. To anyone serious about achieving their weight goals, whether to gain or lose it, tracking your data is crucial. This information informs us of whether we getting closer to our goals or not. This is one of the best-added value of having a Bluetooth smart scale.
Features of the Abyon Scale
- Weight Capacity: 180 kg (400 lbs)
- Graduation: 0.1kg (0.2lbs)
- Platform Material: 6 mm Tempered Glass
- Units: Kg / Lbs (can be switched in the App)
- Dimensions: 11.81" x 11.81" x 1"
- Indications: Low Battery & Overload
- Large backlit LCD
- Price: $27.99
Body Essential Measurements
These measurements altogether give us a good idea of our health and what we need to do to achieve our goals.
- Body Weight
- Body Fat Percentage
- BMI (Body Mass Index)
- Water Percentage
- Fat-free Body Weight
- Skeletal Muscle
- Muscle Mass
- Bone Mass
- Basal Metabo (Your body's actual age as compared to your chronological age)
Thoughts on the Abyon Smart Scale
After using this Abyon body composition smart scale, we look at the pros and cons.
- This compact and powerful scale is tremendously easy to use. It does not require anything special to be able to use it.
- With its Bluetooth 4.0 technology, connecting it to your smartphone is a piece of cake.
- The body measurements included provides a very good understanding of the status of your body. With these measurements tracked properly, you can easily plan and make adjustments to your diet and workout plans to achieve your body goals.
- The sleek and slim design is a pleasure to look at and can be a great piece for your bathrooms.
- The Abyon scale app for iPhone and Android is simple and easy to use. With its ability to connect to the top health and fitness apps in the market, it makes your life just a little bit easier.
- The scale takes quick and accurate readings by using the latest two-way 64-bit technology BIA (Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis). Better Accuracy means better and more efficient in achieving our weight goals.
- It is one of the few that truly has an unlimited number of users.
- The only metric shown on the LCD screen is your weight. You will have to download the app to gain access to the different body metrics we talked about.
Thoughts on the Abyon Smart Scale
We've taken a look at the Ugramo Fit Pro before and we loved it. This time, it has a contender. In terms of the specs, the Ugramo is better with its 16 body metrics, including a balance test. It also is a big plus that the Ugramo Fit Pro shows you the 8 most common body measurements on its large LCD screen so you can have a quick look at your stats even without your smartphone.
However, the Abyon fights back with its capability to support an unlimited number of users compared to Ugramo's meager 10 users. But the biggest defining difference between these two that would make you choose Abyon versus Ugramo is the price point.
With the majority of the Ugramo Features included in the Abyon at only a third of the price, it is an easy choice to make. If the budget is not an issue, and if the scale is only for personal use or only for a few users, then the Ugramo easily beats the Abyon.
The Ugramo Fit Pro is probably still the most powerful and best Bluetooth Smart Scale today. But the Abyon Smart Scale is a great contender at a much lower price. After a year, the Abyon has proven to be useful, accurate, and helpful in achieving my health and body goals which are at the core when choosing to buy this tool.
If you are someone looking to make improvements to your body, I recommend getting one of these smart scales. The ability to track your body's stats over time is key in helping us get through our weight gain or weight loss journey.
Ugramo Fit Pro - Smart Body Digital Scale
- With Heart Rate and Heart Index Detective
- 16 Body Data: Weight, Body Fat, BMI, Balance, etc.
- Large VA Screen to See Main Data Directly
- 4 Sensor with ITO Panel
Hot Topics You Might Also Like
What Is The Ideal Body Fat Percentage
If you want to keep your body fit and fine, you must keep yourself away from obesity. For that, you must have basic knowledge about the ideal body fat of men and women.
How to Measure Your Body Fat Percentage
If you are thinking of how to measure your body fat percentage, we have provided 6 different ways to measure it along with a brief description of each...
How Heart Rate Help Your Fat Burning
In fact, your fat burning zone might be lying in a rather low heart rate. All you need to do is to figure out the sweet spot where your heart rate...
Bone Density Scales: Measuring your Bone and Overall Health
Bone density scales are important and a great way to measure our health. We look at the top bone density scales available today...